Ads 468x60px

mercoledì 13 febbraio 2013

ABC Challenge: F for Barielle Falling Star

Hi ladies
and welcome back to another post of our ABC Challenge!
Here in North Italy we're swamped with snow... I have enough of this freeze and terrible weather conditions! I know, you can't expect anything different in this period of the year, but I can't wait for the spring.
Anyway, last week Alice, one of my polished friends, suggested me to create a one stroke with flowers for this letter. Super nice idea, but I was a bit uninspired so I decided to simply pick a shade from my untrieds box. I chose Barielle Falling Star, which is quite an old polish even if I bought it recently, it had been in my lemming list for years.
Falling Star has a denim blue cream base with coppery glitters. A quite unique shade!
Formula is a bit thick and not so easy to apply. Two coats in my pics. It dries fast and has a good longevity too.
I must admit that at first I was a bit disappointed by this polish, I thought it was a bit more sparkly and bright... But after a couple of days and with better weather and light conditions I changed my mind and I actually like it a lot!
That's all I have for you today, thank you for reading and watching and don't forget to take a look at the picks of the other ladies!


Buongiorno ragazze
e ben ritrovate con la nostra ABC Challenge!
Non so da voi, ma qui siam seppelliti dalla neve... Ne ho abbastanza di questo freddo e di questo tempo di... Derma (ecco, anagrammate...). Lo so, è metà febbraio, non è che ci si possa aspettare caldo ed afa, però non sopporto più l'inverno, ma questa primavera arriva o no?
Comunque, s'è capito che questo tempo mi butta giù e mi fa passare la voglia di cincischiare sulle unghie. Tant'è che Alice mi aveva suggerito una one stroke floreale per la lettera F e io non ho proprio avuto nessuna voglia di farla. Mi sono dunque limitata a scegliere uno smalto un po' vecchiotto ma che io ho acquistato di recente dal momento che è stato per una vita nella mia wishlist: il Barielle Falling Star.
Falling Star è un blu denim dalla base cremosa in cui albergano inusuali glitter color bronzo. Davvero un'idea originale! La formula è densa e non semplicissima da "maneggiare". Coprenza molto buona (due mani nelle mie foto), asciugatura rapida e durata ottima.
Devo ammettere che questo smalto all'inizio mi ha lasciata perplessa, me l'aspettavo meno "cupo" e più luminoso. Dopo un paio di giorni (e con una luce meno grama) ho cambiato idea ed ora mi piace moltissimo!
Bene, per oggi è tutto, non dimenticate di dare un'occhiata a cosa hanno combinato le altre donzelle e buona giornata a tutte!



Applicazione / Application
3.5/5
Asciugatura / Drying time
4.5/5
Coprenza / Pigmentation
4.5/5
Durata / Longevity
4.5/5
GIUDIZIO FINALE / OVERALL
4.25/5



39 commenti:

  1. Ooh this is very pretty. I love the color and the copper glitters in it, it's beautiful!

    RispondiElimina
  2. invece a me non piace :P
    cioè, mi piace il colore di base ma quei glitterini rossi mi lasciano un po' "bah" :)
    baciii

    RispondiElimina
  3. I had this in my hand to do this week too! Would have used it, but wanted to do some stamping. I love this color with the copper & didn't want to cover it with stamps.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. You remind me that I have three new huge stamping plates which are still unopened! :D

      Elimina
  4. This polish is so pretty! Definitely one of my top pics from Barielle!

    RispondiElimina
  5. Falling star is gorgeous! I had never seen it before, and the copper glitters seem to be evenly covering the nail :) I hope there was no fishing needed :p

    RispondiElimina
  6. Well this is beautiful but if you wanted it to be more shiny perhaps you'll like Twinkling Lights by the australian brand Pretty Serious, not that I want you to have larger wish list lol! But if you want to check it out here's a swatch that'll make you fall in love :)
    http://www.prettypurplepolish.com/2012/12/pretty-serious-twinkling-lights.html?m=1

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Wow! This is amazing! Thank you so much for suggesting, I have a new baby in my wishlist! ;)

      Elimina
  7. Io lo trovo strepitoso: mi fanno impazzire i glitter e/o shimmer che contrastano con la base, e il blu/rosso è uno dei contrasti che preferisco!

    RispondiElimina
  8. Wow, love the copper glitter!! Kind of wish they were bigger though, but still nice!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I love them too! I think it'd look super nice with bigger glitters too. :)

      Elimina
  9. Very pretty and quite unique shade :) Nice pick!

    RispondiElimina
  10. A me piace un tot >_< Dove l'avevi preso questo?

    RispondiElimina
  11. Risposte
    1. Ultimo ordine Transdesign prima dei simpatici aumenti di USPS, hanno una buona selezione di Barielle. ;)

      Elimina
  12. Cristina, your nails are soooo long, healthy, and beautiful Serious nail envy going on here! :)

    As for that Barielle polish, it's a new one on my radar. I'm a big fan of purple-toned blues, and copper shimmers/glitters, so this is right up my alley. But sadly, I can't find Barielle in any brick and mortar shops. :( Will have to order online (there are worse things, but I'd LOVE to "play" with the polish, ala Sephora's "nail bar").

    Here's hoping the snow melts soon. I am So Over Winter. Here in NY, they're talking about another big snowfall this coming weekend, so I guess it won't be THAT soon. :)

    Lovely mani, Cristina!!!!!!! Stay warm! :)

    RispondiElimina
  13. Bellino, bellino assai! I connubi di colori a contrasto mi conquistano (quasi) sempre *___*

    RispondiElimina
  14. Hai ragione è un colore molto particolare**

    RispondiElimina
  15. Questo smalto è troppo bello...! :-) Va dritto alla mia "wish list" :-)

    RispondiElimina
  16. First of all, I want your nails! Second, man this color is awesome. I've been lemming this one forever but Barielle is scarce in these parts. I think I may have to Evil Bay this one now! Look incredible on you!

    RispondiElimina
  17. Che meraviglia! *_*
    Comunque che stress questo tempo di derma eh? XD
    Noi per il momento siamo stati graziati, niente neve, e spero che possa passare febbraio senza vedere di nuovo quegli odiosi fiocchi bianchi (odiosi in città, belli in montagna o se non si deve uscire di casa)

    RispondiElimina
  18. I love this polish, the blue with burnt copper, gorgeous! And can I have your nails please?!?!!!

    RispondiElimina
  19. Such a unique color, and I do love your nails! I can never grow mine that long, partly because of work and partly because of genetics lol Your's are lovely!

    RispondiElimina
  20. I love this color!! Barielle is hard to find here, but every once in a while I find a stash, my eyes will be peeled for sure for this! Ugh, so jeally of your nails!! Gorgeous!

    RispondiElimina
  21. L'ho guardato spesso, ma quel glitter sparso lí così non mi chiama. Fortunatamente XD

    RispondiElimina

Adoro leggere i vostri commenti e faccio sempre del mio meglio per rispondere a tutti! Vi chiedo la cortesia di non lasciare link/spam, se volete che legga qualcosa la mia email è a vostra disposizione! :)

Your comments made my day and I always try to reply as much as possible! Please refrain from spamming or link dropping, if you want me to visit your website send me an email! :)