Ads 468x60px

mercoledì 27 febbraio 2013

ABC Challenge: H for H&M Something Blue

I had big plans for letter H. I wanted to use four different creme shades, one per nail, and then added to them a holographic touch with a watermarble.
But it wasn't possible because of SNOW. Snow, snow, snow everywhere!
I was born and raised in a village in the center of Italy, on the Adriatic Sea, where snow is an exceptional event and usually lasts for a couple of hours before melting. I live in North Italy since 2002, but I still can't stand the typical cold of the Pianura Padana area and I still hate snow!!!
Anyway: no sun, no holographic polishes. Sigh.
So I decided to pick a H&M polish for letter H, and I chose Something Blue. It is a super nice medium blue with a creme finish.
Application was really easy, it has a very good formula. Two coats in my pics.
Moreover, it dries super glossy and fast and has a good longevity too.
After the big disappointment caused by Going Bananas, I can say that I make peace with H&M!
That's all I have for you today, thank you for reading and watching and don't forget to take a look at the entries here below!


Avevo grandi progetti per la lettera H: volevo pittarmi le unghie con quattro diversi smalti creme e poi renderli olografici con la watermarble.
E invece no: NEVE, neve, neve ovunque!
Vivo al Nord da oltre dieci anni, ma io sono terrona nell'animo, non ce la faccio ad abituarmi a freddo polare e neve malefica. O al tempo uggioso e nuvoloso.
Insomma, no sole, no smalti holo. Ho ripiegato quindi su un H&M che stazionava da un po' nella mia untrieds box, il Something Blue.
Something Blue è un bel blu medio dal finish cremoso, che asciuga davvero rapidamente e con un aspetto superlucido. Applicazione semplice e scorrevole, durata buona.
Posso dire di aver fatto pace con H&M, dopo l'arrabbiatura presa con Going Bananas.

Per oggi è tutto, vi ricordo che se volete curiosare qui sotto è pieno di fantastiche entries delle mie compagne di avventura e... A domani con l'ultima (???) puntata della Rainbow!




Applicazione / Application
4.5/5
Asciugatura / Drying time
4.5/5
Coprenza / Pigmentation
4.5/5
Durata / Longevity
4.5/5
GIUDIZIO FINALE / OVERALL
4.5/5



44 commenti:

  1. I don't have snow here and I still couldn't do what I had in mind for the challenge! At least you still showed a beautiful polish.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thank you! :)
      Sometimes I have a lot of ideas in my mind and I don't have the time to create them or I break a nail or something... Quite frustrating. :D

      Elimina
  2. Wow, what a nice deep shade of blue!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I love it, it's the perfect base for a gradient, or a stamping manicure, etc. etc. :)

      Elimina
  3. Beautiful blue! ...girl I still don't know how can you live with such long nails! I let mine grow a bit and I scratch everything! They're dangerous for me! Lol!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Lol! :D
      I feel comfortable with the lenght of my nails but I suppose it depends on the fact that they have grown very gradually, it took me three years to reach this lenght so I had the time to get used to.
      Neverthless, they're really dangerous, sometimes I scratch myself and it really hurts. :D

      Elimina
  4. Dai, non fa così freddo dove sei tu, ci sono posti ben peggiori! Cmq bello smalto, celo ancora da provare

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Io son terrona, per me qua è peggio della Siberia! :D Per non parlare dei 40 gradi all'ombra estivi. :D (sìsìsì, quanto me piasce lamentarmi!)

      Elimina
  5. Too bad that you couldn't use holo's but the color of this polish looks amazing! LOL it's so funny to read that it's snowing in Italy, since it's not snowing in the Netherlands. Usually it's the other way around :P

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. You're right, it's quite unusual. :D
      In the zone where I live it usually snows two or three times a year, but I always feel low when it happens. :(
      Anyway, I agree with you, this shade is absolutely amazing! :)

      Elimina
  6. Yay! That's a good replacement! It reminds me of ChG First mate, which is a stunning polish :D Love it!

    RispondiElimina
  7. I feel your pain on the lack of sun...it's been snowing in Chicago for a few days and I'm ready for some sun! I love this color though, it's absolutely gorgeous!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. The funniest thing is that now the weather is muuuuuch better. A bit warmer and sunny. But I'm sick. :D

      Elimina
  8. Hey, no probs here: you pulled something beautiful out of the "H" hat, Cristina!

    I'm in full R&D mode over the letter "I" and finding nada in my collection, think I might just check into a convent instead. Can't think of a THING!

    Pretty mani! :)

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thank you so much!
      I must admit that I've been really lazy for letter I, I simply picked an Illamasqua polish from my stash... :D

      Elimina
  9. I had the same issue, I planned on a cool skittle holo mani and when I got up to start my mani....SNOW! Stupid stupid snow. Oh well This is a pretty color! The seconf H&M of the challenge and you girls are making me want to try my H&M's out!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I think I have twenty H&M polishes in my stash, and I love every single of them! (uhm, wait, I love them all except for Going Bananas... :D )
      You definitely should try them! ;)

      Elimina
  10. Bello lui! E' talmente lucido che sembra jelly, non so se sia per il top coat o meno.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. E' quasi tutto merito suo, il TC gli ha dato il colpo di grazia ma è lucidisssssimo di fabbrica! ;)

      Elimina
  11. Oh this is a gorgeous blue! I really wish that I had access to H & M !

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I haven't had access to H&M polishes for years, I was so happy when the stores in my city started to sell them last year! :)

      Elimina
  12. E' bellissimo, peccato che ci sia uno shimmerino nella bottiglia che poi non si vede sulle unghie!

    RispondiElimina
  13. Ma no, sorry per il commento prima: mi sono confusa con l'altro blu della H&M, Why so Blue, anche perché mi sembra che si assomiglino pure!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Sai che Why so Blue mi manca proprio??? Al prossimo giro sbircio di sicuro, grazie per il suggerimento! :)

      Elimina
  14. This is the perfect dark blue!! I've never heard of H&M polish....I'm intrigued!!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I bought my very first H&M polishes during a holiday in NY, I immediately fell in love with them and I was so happy when I found them in Italy! :)

      Elimina
  15. Cool color! I gotta check out the H&M polishes next week!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. You definitely should, I read that they have released a lot of new shades! :)

      Elimina
  16. Bellissimo, mi state facendo innamorare di questi smalti H&M!

    RispondiElimina

Adoro leggere i vostri commenti e faccio sempre del mio meglio per rispondere a tutti! Vi chiedo la cortesia di non lasciare link/spam, se volete che legga qualcosa la mia email è a vostra disposizione! :)

Your comments made my day and I always try to reply as much as possible! Please refrain from spamming or link dropping, if you want me to visit your website send me an email! :)